Monday, April 21, 2008

Wristing Away

Nothing new and exciting to report here. My workouts have been fairly uninspired, but still there. My horse hobby has been taking up more of my time lately but I know that my workouts and training are helping my riding for sure after the horse show this weekend. A lot of horseback riding comes from core muscles and I can tell I have them now! Ok, a beginning of them! Either way, my workouts are benefiting me in other ways and I know my horse appreciates it!

My wrists have been super sore from bike riding and I am trying to figure out if I am bracing on the bike or just not in the right position? I am going to try to hit up the bike shop this weekend for a tune up and maybe see about getting my bike fitted to me better. I have never had that done professionally and I am thinking that could make a huge difference. Any other advice is welcome though! I don't have aero bars yet, but I am considering them if I do go through the triathlon thing. At just bike races they seem to frown upon them a lot so I guess that is why I hesitant to make the investment until I am sure that this is going to be something I am going to do! Of course, if it takes the pressure off of my wrists, it will be worth it!

No comments: