I am still suffering from a mild case of writer block, but I am anticipating an end to that block once races start coming up. Until then though, I am going to give you a cheerful list!
Reasons to be happy today:
1. The weather lately has been gorgeous. And I am not just talking spring-like gorgeous….we are talking SUMMER gorgeous. It was in the mid 80’s the last two days and it has completely changed my attitude about everything. I sat on my horse last night, outside, in LIGHT and just relished everything. I think I laughed and had more fun just being last night than I have in ages.
2. I love swimming. Not only do I love swimming, but I am getting faster and don’t get tired like I used to. After doing drills for 30 minutes, I used to have to drag myself out of the pool. Now, I am whining for more and want to stay after to get more laps in.
3. Did I mention I love swimming? I just need to talk for a minute about that first glide into the water and how wonderful and cool it feels and just for that moment…I actually feel graceful! (that is not a common occurrence in my life)
4. I started to reach for a mid morning snack this morning and actually stopped to ask myself if I was actually hungry or just snacky. It is silly but a nice breakthrough to have every once in awhile. It is hard working in an office where you sit all day and there is always food available in within reach. I know that when it comes time to run though, I am going to feel every single pound so that is motivation to watch it!
5. I rode my bike to work and it was beautiful! And riding in the mornings always puts me in best mood for the day. Unless someone tries to run me over. Then I get a little grumpy. Most of the time people are really respectful though.
6. I am going skiing this weekend! I may be skiing on ice instead of snow, but I am going to have fun. If I do happen to break something I will be sure to have my camera so I can take some good pictures to post. Knowing me, I will at the very least have some good bruises to show off. Assuming of course, they are in a location that I can show off which is not very likely now that I think about this a little more.
7. The demon kitten went back home to live with her father. Not that I do not love her, but I am very happy to be in a two cat household again. Three is just too many and I get way too many crazy cat lady comments. Now my BF can deal with her weirdness and her incessant desire to lick your lips in the middle of the night. If you ever need an exfoliator for your lips, I will express mail her to you.
Demon kitten on the left. Yes, I know she looks sweet. Demons lie though. Especially when they are sleeping.
8 minutes ago