Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sign Up Time

I have been working on a post for forever and while I have not scrapped it yet, it just does not work for me yet. I feel like it is something that could be funny and insightful and it just sounding dumb right now. But, just so you guys don't think I have fallen off a cliff, here I am.
I have started signing up for my races this year and I have to say that it has really helped with motivation. The first one is not even long enough to be a sprint, but it is put on by a small town YMCA and looks like it could be a lot of fun. The race director has promised that if it goes well, he will put on a full length one so I want to support it. I also signed up my roommate for it. I was nice enough to even tell her about it after I forged her signature and sent it off. I knew if I asked she would say no but if I went ahead and did it she would go along with it. Knowing her she will probably end up beating me!
My next tri will be a sprint and my first lake swim. I am a little nervous about that, but as soon as I get my wetsuit (sleeves? no sleeves? Opinions?) I am going to go practice since it is local. I also have until May to get comfortable in the lake so that is nice but I am sure the time will pass by quickly. This race is the day before my birthday so I am sure that is a sign that I will do really well and have a blast.
I have a 4 mile relay run this weekend that I am doing with a friend that I am determined to do no matter how cold and slow I know I am going to be. In the long run, all that matters is that I finish, no matter how long it may take me!

4 comments:

ItchyBits said...

All that matters is that you are doing it. Every race is a stepping stone to the next.

Leah said...

I agree with Betty. Also, sleeveless is a good option, especially if you live in a warm climate. You can really overheat in a full-sleeve suit.

Karen said...

the wetsuit..... hmmmm I have never actually needed one yet, the water was always too warm but I wondered the same thing - sleeves or no sleeves. Most of the pics I see have people with sleeves in them.

Anonymous said...

Race signups are always fun!