Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Back and Better!

I ran last night for the first time in weeks. I went on a one minute walk/one minute run plan and did this for 30 minutes. It was not a hard workout by any means, but for my first one back, it was a great one. When I got home, I was energized and excited which was a nice feeling. Now I can’t wait to get back out there tonight which I think is the measure of a really great workout.

After nearly 3 weeks off with the cold from hell, I am now 95% human and only 5% snot factory. It is amazing how the over-production of mucus can make you feel so incredible awful. I can say that the turning of the tides began with the time change. I love it staying light until later even though it is a tiny bit harder to get up in the mornings. It is totally worth it.

With crazy schedules, it is sometimes hard to get workouts in. I have found though, that you can grab small opportunities everywhere. My favorite time to work in a few exercises is at the copier. While I am waiting, I can usually get quite a few sets of lunges or calf raises. It may only be 3 or 4 minutes, but if I do it every time I go to the copier, that really adds up. Again, just little things, but those little things add up and I can see and feel a difference already. The downside to doing these at work is that if you get caught, people might think you are a little nuts. Luckily for me, my co-workers already think that so no harm there!

Do you have odd places you get a fast workout in? What kind of exercises do you squeeze in when you only have a few minutes?

2 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Every once and a while I will do some leg raises while sitting at the table with my students, but that's about it for at work! :)

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Good to hear your getting better.

Core exercises at my desk, leg raises, or stretching. If i had 15 minutes for just cardio, running is the best option, in my opinion