Thursday, March 13, 2008

Once upon a time.....

I am a 27 year old female living in Texas. I began road biking a few years ago, but not seriously at all. I decided that biking was going to be my hobby that I enjoyed when I wanted to with no pressure to really succeed. I have enjoyed it and when I don't, I put the bike away for awhile. I have been very slowly learning more about biking, but decided this year instead of just doing long distances, I wanted to try my first sprint triathlon. I have a few tentative dates for ones I would like to attend, all depending on how training goes. I am determined not to stress too much about this and just enjoy the experience. Of course, there have been times when I was biking that I repeated a mantra of "If I live, I will never do this again". Luckily, I did not follow through when it came to this.
I feel like there is more I should say, but I plan on this just being a record of my training and experiences. I tend to take a slightly sarcastic approach to most things so you have been forewarned. Please do not take me seriously! This whole thing makes me slightly nervous so joking about it seems to help, or at least convinces me that I am really not as petrified as I feel like I should be. Wish me luck because I may need it!

No comments: